Fair View B&B Privacy Statement (GDPR)
Fair View B&B is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If this policy changes from time to time from updates in regulations and or changes in the collection of our customer’s data then please check you are happy with any changes. If you are one of our many visitors who accept our T&Cs without given them a glance-don’t worry as we’ve got your back. We apply a common sense approach to all that we do and out T&Cs are no exception. We outline them here because it’s a matter of legislation.
What we collect from our site
We collect the following information:
- Your name and telephone
- Your telephone number you have possibility entered either in our message field or in any direct message to us
- You also might have provided us with your dietary and accessibility requirements.
This information is stored on our mail servers and will be kept password protected until we no longer require it.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To contact you to confirm your course booking, send out information after your stay.
- Ensure we meet your dietary and accessibility requirements whilst you are at Fair View B&B.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We will not add you to a distribution email list for marketing unless you specifically opt in via the forms on this website (in the future) or in the link we send you after your visit. You may unsubscribe from these emails at any time via the link in the footer of the email.
- We do not store any of your financial information or details. Any deposit taken via Paypal and credit cards is sent to us electronically.
- We can create an invoice which we will email you after you have booked. This contains your name, arrival and departure dates and amount paid but no other contact details
- We record your surname and amount paid on our financial systems. By law we are required to keep this record for 7 years.
- Because we have a record of guests who have stayed with us over the years we can easily check when competitors create false negative reviews and post them on Review platforms such as Google or Trip Advisor. We will dismiss any fraudulent review politely and robustly.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over any other website policies. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- if you wish to be added to our email distribution list please opt in via any form on this website which declares this option. You may unsubscribe at any time via the link on the bottom any subsequent emails.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you can change your mind at any time by writing or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Our website address is: https://fairviewmarden.co.uk.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.